Sunday, September 11, 2011

Weekend with the Bunner Clan

Wow, what a weekend! I got a chance to visit the Bunner family and celebrate Ashley Bunner's 18th birthday, attend the family reunion, and of course.....spend some quality time with my Christopher ;).
I was hoping to buy something real special for Ashley's bday but unfortunately I haven't started getting paid at my new job yet - I'm still in the training process. However, I was able to make her something that I just new she would like: two and a half dozen pumpkin spice chocolate chip cookies :). I honestly didn't really count how many cookies I made but Chris said that I "made way more than over two and a half dozen." LOL! So, Ashley took half of the batch I made back to her dorm and her mom, Mrs. Amy, took the other half to save for the reunion. According to everyone who had a sample of the cookies, they were pretty dang good LOL!
Ashley and Michael (hehe this pic makes me giggle)

The fabulous cake made by Aunt Linda :)

Love this pic of Alli, Ashley, and Anna

The bday girl unwrapping one of her gifts


After the party, Chris and I went to try and fix Ashley's computer over at her dorm. She's been having some complications with it lately so she needed some help to fix it. It took us a while to do what we could, but unfortunately we couldn't find out the reason behind the problem. However, it's a good thing we have tight connections ;) one of the guys who lived on Chris' hall last year is a computer science major who can pretty much hack into a computer system if he wanted to LOL! He's a good guy so he wouldn't do that to harm anyone...so, we told Ashley to give the guy a call and if all else fails take it to the LU HelpDesk. Once we were done at her dorm, Chris and I went back to Maw's house to watch a movie before bed - HELLSING OVA 8.
We have been waiting for MONTHS for this to come out. It's one of 10 movie series. I probably forgot to mention that I am a huge anime nerd. I used to be obsessed with it back in my high school days but now I just like it. This kind of anime is a suspenseful and dark, action-packed anime. I love it! It deals with vampires and stuff...the REAL vampires and not the fake ones (**cough** Twilight **cough**).






The next day, Chris and I went and picked up Ashley at her dorm to head over to Shipman, VA for the reunion. I must say I was really looking forward to this :) I had met just some of the family members but not EVERYONE on the family tree so I was looking forward to memorizing everyone's name.....**cough** NOT! LOL! Man, this was such a huge gathering! I have a big family on my mom's side but DANG...there were so many family members I couldn't keep up.
I must say the most entertaining part was watching the kids play and have fun. They're just so cute!
"Yet to all who did receive him, to those who believed in his name, he gave the right to become children of God — children born not of natural descent, nor of human decision or a husband’s will, but born of God." ~ John 1:12-13
I told Mrs. Amy that this lil guy was "fresh outta the oven." I could just gobble him up - so adorable!


Another adorable moment about this weekend was seeing my other "babies" - my Peaches and Rocky :)

Peaches is that sweet lil orange fluffy kitten in my arms at the top photo. The bottom photo is my lil buddy Rocky, a fellow Pomeranian ;) [there's a story about that]. He has gotten so fluffy and he's only a year old. Such sweet babies. Oh, and there's more LOL!



The top two photos are of my sweet Peaches and his little brother, Moe. As you can tell Moe just loves Peaches. The bottom pic is of the Momma of all these lil kittens: MaLady. If ya can't tell she is pregnant...AGAIN lol. She's got this look of, "Ugh, I have way too many kids."

Like I said, this was one action-packed weekend. I had so much fun, though. I'm glad I got to come and spend time with the Bunner's ;) it's always entertaining with this family. Since I'm an only child, I get the opportunity to see what it's like with "sibling rivalry" and stuff like that LOL it's quite hilarious at times. I'm blessed to know this family and honored to be a part of these wonderful gatherings.

1 comment:

  1. So glad you had a good time! Our Redneck family didn't scare you?? You really did get some amazing pictures!! I had to send my cousin, April a Dropbox invite so I could share all those wonderful pics you took of her babies! My favorite is the one of Daddy holding that new little guy!

    ReplyDelete