Tuesday, September 27, 2011

This is BIG STUFF!!!

Well, I know it's been since Saturday but a whole lot has been happenin' since then. I woke up real early on Sunday morning to go to Rose Hill Baptist Church around 6:15AM. I took my time getting ready, got my coffee and breakfast and started getting dressed with the TV on. Suddenly I realized it was 8:55AM and I should have been out the door on the road by 8:30!!! So, I had to rush to get everything in my purse and in the car ready to get on I-40 (THE. BUSIEST. INTERSTATE. EVER. IN NORTH CAROLINA!!!). Thankfully, I-40 isn't as bad on weekends - around 4:45PM - 6:30PM Monday-Friday is TERRIBLE! Anyways, I kinda remembered how to get to Rose Hill, but I still needed my GPS to take me down the other roads. Here's where things got interesting: it took 5 minutes for my GPS to finally load the directions to Rose Hill and by the time it finished loading it had already taken me through Downtown Durham.....WHAT!?!?!? I'm sitting in my car freaking out thinking, "Crap, I'm gonna be late to church and I'm gonna be so embarrassed." I finally had to call my dad (who has lived in Durham all his life) to help me get outta Downtown Durham and back on the highway. It didn't take long, but I was able to get on I-40 without anymore problems. After all that chaos, it was smooth sailing from there. Got to the church at least 7 minutes early - not bad, but not great either LOL next time I gotta watch my timing and be a lil more careful. OOPS.

The service was great and seeing everyone again really put a smile on my face. I sang with the choir again and this Sunday was also the last Sunday that the Music Director was going to lead and direct the music. Her name is Linda Murphy. I met her and her husband and they were both absolutely the sweetest. After the service, we were all invited to their house for lunch.

Now, here comes the real surprise: I rode with Mrs. Cynthia Price and her husband to the Murphy residence after church since I didn't know where to go - this is only the second time I have ever been to this town. We had almost arrived when we approached a HUGE gate...like REAL HUGE! I said, "Whoa, are we going to a country club or something?" And Mrs. Price said, "Have you ever heard of Murphy Farms?" I said, "Yes." And she replied, "Well, this is Wendell Murphy - former North Carolina farmer, Democratic politician, and namesake of the Wendell H. Murphy Football Center at NC State University." "..............................................." I just sat there in total amazement after what I had just heard...and I became absolutely blown away when we drove through the gate and I saw what I call a freakin' ESTATE! I was about to enter into the presence of THE Wendell_H._Murphy! I was stunned: the front yard looked like a golf course, their backyard was a lake, and they had a screen-in front porch that was gorgeous. We walked inside and I almost shouted in awe. Their dining room looked like Croasdale Country Club where I had my senior prom. Check it out!
 This is the dining room. Told you, it was stunning!


This is the living room. Their massive flat screen was simply breath-taking (sorry didn't get the TV).


Here's the bar. Not only do they have a mini flat-screen on the top left corner there but they have a coffee maker AND espresso machine IN ONE (I'm not the only one who appreciates that)
;)


This group of folks is Rose Hill's finest ;) They have been a part of Rose Hill Baptist Church's Adult Choir for more than 10 years (some have been in the choir for over 60 YEARS!!! Not everyone in the choir could make it but at least the real important people came (JUST KIDDING!!!!!)



The woman on the right end in the black dress is Mrs. Linda Murphy - former choir director at Rose Hill and Mr. Wendell H. Murphy's wife. In a few weeks I will be filling her place as, not only the choir director, but also the worship leader. I got some big shoes to fill ;). She is highly admired and everyone in the choir has, and still, loves and respects her. I'm really looking forward to being a part of Rose Hill and being their Worship and Music Leader. God has certainly blessed me in so many ways. After worrying about how I won't find a job in my field or anywhere at all, I am blessed with TWO part-time jobs...and I absolutely LOVE them both!


So do not fear, for I am with you;
do not be dismayed, for I am your God.
I will strengthen you and help you;
I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.
Isaiah 41:10

1 comment:

  1. Wow....'and that's all I have to say about that.' LOL! How amazing! Love that verse & I love that music/angel/centerpiece

    ReplyDelete