Wednesday, October 5, 2011

CrAzIeSt WeEk EvEr!!!

Honestly, I do not know where to begin. For starters, I could try beginning where I left off on Monday. Man, I tell ya that was probably the craziest day I have ever experienced at the pharmacy! After chillin' a while at home I went into work at 10AM. When I arrived everything seemed alright and maybe two people were there ready to have their Rx (prescription) filled or picked up. So, I clocked in and made my way to my front station when suddenly I saw another woman inside the pharmacy with a clipboard and pen writing a whole bunch of stuff down....with a rather serious look on her face. So, after a few minutes passed I saw Stephanie (co-worker) go in the back of the pharmacy and I followed her back there so I could ask her who the woman was and why she was here. Stephanie said her name was Michelle and that she was here grading us on our performance. I thought "Oh, perfect...I'm still new and this place is already beginning to look busy. This can't be good." Stephanie told me not to worry about it that if anything goes wrong, it's not directed towards the fact that I'm trying my best to make sure everything goes well LOL. I felt somewhat of a relief. However, that relief faded rather quickly when the line continued to get bigger and bigger after five minutes of putting in two written Rx's for someone (I'm still learning!) LOL. Thankfully Warren was there to help us all through a lot of the mayhem. I mean, seriously...it was so dang crazy and we were behind schedule that it was at least a 45 minute wait for a flu shot and maybe 30 to 40 minute wait to get a Rx filled. It was NUTS!!! To top it all off, this grader-chick was constantly over my shoulder watching me do my job...or at least "trying" to do my job LOL I say trying because it's kinda difficult to do something well when someone is over your shoulder watching your every move...not just intimidating, but quite annoying. I suppose the on thing that really made me kinda giggle a little bit as the shift was coming to an end is when some guy called in a very thick Indian accent rambling on about customer services and wanting to speak with a manager and blah blah blah. After trying to understand what he was saying, he finally hung up...but before he did he said "have a nice evening." So, I thought, "Well...at least he was courteous LOL!" But I am not joking, he sounded like Achmed the Dead Terrorist HAHAHAHAHA!
I had at least 15 or 20 people come up to me and hand me a Rx that they wanted to be filled right then and there...however, when I told them it was gonna be 30 minutes to an hour wait because of how far behind we were, they just gave me this death glare.....when we are given a written Rx for someone we have to make sure you are in the system so we can fill this new Rx for you. If you have never filled here before that adds 10 more minutes to the process. Once everything has been done on the computer then the pharmacist has to verify it. Sometimes we don't have that certain drug in stock or we don't have enough and that a-whole-nother different story. It's just...a very complicated process and I wish some individuals would understand that THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS PERFECTION!
Anywho...moving along.....
Some people who have filled their Rx's from Kroger's Pharmacy before have a thing called "Auto Refill" which basically lets us know that the patient/customer is now ready for a refill on their medication and we can easily look it up in our system and refill it for them. It's not as complicated as Rx Intake (taking the written Rx from the patient, scanning it through the system, writing out all the directions for the medication, so on an so forth). Like I said, it's a process.

Another thing that sucks is having someone fuss at you because their insurance wouldn't cover their medication. IT'S NOT MY FAULT PEOPLE!!!!!!!!! DON'T YELL AT THE NEW-BY!!! So, the only thing I can do or say is, 'I would talk to your insurance company about this and see what they say.' BECAUSE I CANNOT CHANGE THE PRICE OF YOUR DRUGS!!! So crazy.

So, all in all, I had at least three people yell at me on Monday and then maybe one or two people throw a hissy fit today. Not terrible, really. Could be worse, right? Yesterday I was at a different store - the one near Southpointe Mall
This store was so much more peaceful than the one on Hillsborough Rd. LOL! A little strange, but definitely more peaceful...and by peaceful I mean easy going and at a rather steady pace. Best part: NO ONE YELLED! HAHAHAHA!!! Actually that wasn't the best part of the whole evening...one of the tech's came over and asked me if I was going to this event called "BeerFest" this weekend...LOL I kinda looked at him and laughed a little and very thoughtfully declined his request...still funny though. I kept laughing about it all the way home. When I told my mom she shook her head and giggled and my dad just died laughing. Today when I told Warren about it he definitely thought it was funny...then he quickly responded, jokingly, "Yeah, let's close up early on Saturday and head over there and get smashed at BeerFest...who's with me!?" I BUSTED OUT LAUGHING!!! My boss is a hoot! Love it here! LOL, I love my job here at the pharmacy.....except when it gets way too crazy like this week. Well.....like Stephanie said, "Better get used to it...it ain't gonna get any better." LOL! She's got a point, though. At times it is rather quiet, but then by the middle of the day towards the afternoon is when it gets crazy.


I also got my flu shot today
Wasn't too bad, really...startin' to feel the effects on my arm though LOL sore arm and stuff



I'm also still waiting for more news regarding my Rose Hill family. I haven't heard any news on the job description just yet nor have I heard anything about when I should be there on weekends or even weeknights (Wednesday night choir rehearsal). Well, we will all find out very soon! It's all according to God's plan, that's for sure!


One more interesting fact of the night: here's my mom's brand new "toy"
 Technically, this DOES NOT officially belong to my mom LOL this was paid for and is owned by the Durham Public Schools for Lakewood Montessori Middle School - it's a Macbook Pro
Yeah...crazy that this symbol is now in my house.....this might take some getting used to LOL!
(we are a DELL family)


Well, I'm ending my night with some music by the fabulous group BarlowGirl
I'm really lovin' their music. Haven't heard much of their stuff yet but so far I like what I have heard.

No comments:

Post a Comment