Monday, October 17, 2011

Blessings & Honor

This past weekend has been crazy-good! On Friday and Saturday I got to spend all day with my Christopher. We went to the Skillet concert and had a blast at the NC State Fair and then watched THE BIG BANG THEORY all of Saturday morning. Around noon on Saturday, Chris had to leave :( and I had to be at Rose Hill, NC before it got too dark. This weekend at Rose Hill Baptist Church was probably one of the BIGGEST deals since my first visit.

I am now officially the Worship and Music Leader at Rose Hill Baptist Church
 I was recognized Sunday morning - October 16, 2011
I am beyond blessed and so very honored to now be a part of such a wonderful church family.

  I was also asked to sing on the praise team that morning as well as provide the special music after the offertory
I sang "How Great Thou Art" (the Carrie Underwood style)

I had about a dozen people say that they were moved to tears because they haven't heard that song in such a long time. Of course, mom was crying her eyes out (cuz she's mom LOL) and I know my Papa was a little teary-eyed, as well. My dad always mouths the words when he's watching and pretends he's singing along with me LOL! My family is.....unique, hehe. Not gonna lie, I was NERVOUS!


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


This congregation has a more traditional setting than what I have been used to for the past four and a half years. I was talking to one of the Elders of the church and he had mentioned that he has been aching for the good ol' days where the hymns came back into the picture. I felt like I was being put to the test - this is EXACTLY what I have been training for! Of course, I have been trained musically, but I have ultimately been trained to learn how to take on the role of leadership! This was like a real life example from my final worship class my senior year - I'm from a completely different generation being accepted into an older generation. That's such an honor! I'm looking forward to being with the choir and the praise team as well as serving in the church with the Pastor and the rest of the congregation. My mom reminds me to go in ready to lead and learn. There are so many Elders in the church - I have such high respects for them and I am excited to learn from them. I have gotten to know a few of them from Sunday afternoon and they are already like family. What a blessing!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


This Sunday was also Pastor Appreciation Day at Rose Hill. After the service, everyone gathered downstairs in the Fellowship Hall for a cover-dish luncheon. This is how we do it here in Rose Hill ;)
 Food, Fun, & Fellowship - it's just what we do
 The food was so good, some even went back for seconds...or thirds LOL!
 Happy Pastor Appreciation Day to our Pastor - Bruce T. Herrmann
This is the Appreciation Tree made by the church with letters to our Pastor


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


So glad my grandparents were able to attend this special day
I love my Papa :) My Hero
Me and my grandparents - Papa & Gigi


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


Meet our Pastor
This is Pastor Bruce and his wife. Here's an awesome fact: he went to the same college as my other Pastor at Yates and were suite-mates at Campbell University. SMALL WORLD!


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


After all the food we could stuff ourselves with, me and the fam had to head out. Papa and Gigi needed to get back to Myrtle Beach, SC before it got dark and I had to go back to my host home and pack my stuff before 5PM because my host mom leads a Bible Study Group at 6PM and she needs time to prepare. My host family is awesome here in Rose Hill - Larry and Cynthia Price. They were so kind enough to welcome me into their home and let me stay for the weekend. Cynthia was the one responsible for me coming to visit Rose Hill in the first place - she called me late one night and told me about Rose Hill and I told her a little about myself. After that conversation she wanted me to visit and I was more than happy to do so. After that one visit, everything just fell into place. How God provides! When I first walked into their home on Saturday evening I saw the cutest little animal EVER!
This is Tanner, Larry and Cynthia's long-haired chihuahua. Isn't he just absolutely adorable!?
 He would sometimes roll over and let me scratch his belly. So cute!
I even played with him late Saturday night. He was kinda just walkin' around the kitchen and I found one of his toys laying on the floor and picked it up and started teasing him with it. He got in a playful mood right when he saw me pick up the toy. So, he hopped over to me and started his little growl...honestly, it sounded more like a squeaky door than a "growl." LOL! It was just so precious. If you look closely at both photos you can see his tongue sticking out from the side of his mouth LOL!!! We don't know why he does that, but it's still cute as ever. After this weekend, I think Tanner has made a new friend ;)


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


Once mom and dad and I got home we took it easy and just kind of turned the rest of this exciting Sunday into a lazy-day LOL! It was such an eventful day and so much had been going on it just about wore us out...besides, we ate so much food we were bound to fall asleep real soon anyways, hehe. However, I remembered something right when I put my camera down in dad's office: I had a little sticker from McD's that said I could get a free frap. So, before me and mom went to look at all the pics I took from the luncheon I hopped back into my car and drove to McD's. I hoped that this little sticker I got would work and sure enough, I got myself a free caramel mocha frappe' from McD's. JACKPOT!
SO GOOD!
Honestly, I had never tried their frap's before until now. I have always ordered the usual iced coffee, but I must say this was perfect! Such a fabulous way to end an awesome day! PRAISE THE LORD!

2 comments:

  1. Wow.....what an awesome Sunday! I have shared your video around to EVERYONE! Some friends from church & all the aunts & uncles. Maw said Vernon Whaley was even chatting with her about you Sunday morning. ;-) And what an excellent way to end your day. Can't believe you've never had a McD's frap before. I love their mocha one!! Hope to see you soon! *hugs*

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh goodness! With EVERYONE??? LOL! Everytime I hear mom and dad listen to the video I have to close my bedroom door and crank up some SKILLET or something so I can't hear myself LOL!

    ReplyDelete