Sunday, September 18, 2011

Great Day

 So, I woke up early this morning around 6:30am to get ready for church. I know, that's pretty dang early but I wasn't going to church here in Durham...I had planned to go to church in Rose Hill, NC - Rose Hill Baptist Church. I had a GREAT time! I met with the choir members and the personnel committee...they even asked for me to sing with them in the choir this morning and I was more than happy to do so. We sang "Beulah Land" - such a good song. It really didn't take me long to get to know most of the people in the choir and it was fun singing with the choir. Their Call to Worship was led by the praise team, the Pastor, and the choir and unlike other churches I have attended they led with track and not a live orchestra or rhythm section. It was so cool though. After the service, the Pastor, his wife and a nice couple from the personnel committee took me out to eat at this real nice restaurant - very old fashioned but very good. We discussed some stuff regarding possibilities at the church in the future. I felt real positive about the whole ordeal and I look forward to hearing back from them sometime this week.

Got another couple of scrappy projects done ;)
This is me, my cousin, and my Memaw in October of '91. I was two and Scott was only three. Wish I could tell ya whose house we were at, though.
And this is me and my Memaw and Papa when I was around 5 months old in October of '89. 

Thanks again to the reliable source for the scrappy goods ;)

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like your Sunday went really well! Continuing to pray for you. And of course you KNOW I'm loving the scrapbook pages. Can't wait to see them in person!

    ReplyDelete